The Village wins national Top Workplaces award
Updated: Feb 8, 2022
The Village for Families & Children has been awarded the first-ever national Top Workplaces Nonprofit award, one of only two Connecticut nonprofits to earn such a distinction.
Top Workplaces serves more than 60,000 organizations in the United States and hundreds in Connecticut. The awards are based exclusively on anonymous staff surveys.
"The Village has been around for 200 years but has never encountered a year like 2020," says Village President and CEO Galo Rodriguez. "We were determined that the pandemic would not undermine our efforts to communicate with staff and build camaraderie. The award validates those efforts, and I’m grateful to our staff for their feedback and being full partners in achieving our mission." Since 2011, the Village has won five prestigious Top Workplaces regional awards, which celebrate organizations that put their employees first by capturing anonymous feedback from employees in surveys. The nonprofit's five core values are service, respect, integrity, teamwork and stewardship.
The Village typically hosts numerous all-staff meetings, receptions and cultural events — and has maintained its schedule, despite the pandemic, with virtual events and contests. The Village also created new communication channels and facilitated all-staff discussions about racial equity during the summer of 2020.
"We were determined that the pandemic would not undermine our efforts to communicate with staff and build camaraderie" — Village CEO Galo Rodriguez
“I love working for the Village mainly because of the community aspect of it and because I love what I do," says licensed clinician Yanique Grant. "I love the fact that we dive into what we preach, and we literally practice what we preach.”
The award speaks to the Village’s commitment to valuing employees and listening to them, Rodriguez observes.
Based in Hartford, the Village has 18 employees who live in the Farmington Valley: • Avon — 7 employees • Canton — 3 • Granby — 2 • Simsbury — 6
The Village offers many telehealth and in-home services for the Valley, Greater Hartford and beyond — these include:
• Mental Health & Wellness Outpatient Behavioral Therapy (Adults) Outpatient Behavioral Therapy (Children & Teens) Integrated Primary Care • Parenting Education & Family Strengthening Attachment & Biobehavioral Catch-up (ABC) Words Count Early Head Start Rapid Response • Financial & Career Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – Virtual VITA • Addiction & Recovery Support Behavioral Health Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Women’s REACH Program Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Multidimensional Family Therapy (MDFT)
— Source: The Village for Families & Children • https://thevillage.org
• Today Magazine — A True Farmington Valley Magazine • Award-Winning
• Covering the Heart of the Farmington Valley
• Avon • Canton • Farmington • Granby • Simsbury
• Today Magazine (monthly magazine) and Today Magazine Online (24/7 news site) record the Valley's underreported upside and give advertisers a powerful platform for boosting their brand — advertise@TodayPublishing.net — 860-988-1910